[SOLVED] System Freezing

Jun 30, 2021
Hey All,

Hope someone can help.

Built a system with the specs below. When I boot the system the computer loads fine and then just hangs.

I have done a memory test which has come back fine.

I am also seeing some unusually high disk load that the OS is running on I’ve also installed the sound card but the computer says it’s the wrong version that was from the disk provided with the mobo so I tried downloading it from the manufacturer site and getting the same thing.

Any ideas

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bXrJLP

Jun 30, 2021
When you say hang, what is it doing? When did the problem start? From the beginning , or when you added a sound card. What sound card btw?

Once windows has loaded it just hangs after a few seconds doesn’t show any just the desktop as it would when windows loads.

With regards to the sound card I am referring to the onboard sound card not a separate card.

Jun 30, 2021
Go in to bios and tell me what bios number you are running. IE. F2 -F3 -F10 It will be at top of the first page.

I just wanted to thank you for your over all help.

After running the scan now it can up with errors which didn’t seem to resolve the problem.

Which got me thinking about the media I was using which was a Win 11 Pro on a disk from a few years ago.

Downloaded a fresh copy to USB from Microsoft and updated the BIOS to version F13.

All seems to now be well even with disk loads coming from 97% - 100% load down too barely 1% also had no problems with getting a the system drivers to install as Windows covered these. All I did was updated them to make sure that they were all up to date.

I just wanted to thank you for your over all help.

After running the scan now it can up with errors which didn’t seem to resolve the problem.

Which got me thinking about the media I was using which was a Win 11 Pro on a disk from a few years ago.

Downloaded a fresh copy to USB from Microsoft and updated the BIOS to version F13.

All seems to now be well even with disk loads coming from 97% - 100% load down too barely 1% also had no problems with getting a the system drivers to install as Windows covered these. All I did was updated them to make sure that they were all up to date.
lol yes that would have helped to know you were using a very old windows disc. But glad you sorted it out.