Question System Gets Power but No Display

jzeldis1

Reputable
Oct 14, 2017
I'm suddenly having a problem with my CyberPower PC (specs below). Previously I haven't had many issues other than one of the fans working intermittently. Today, I was working on the PC when the screen locked up. I went to power on the PC and power went to the unit, then off, then back on, and off, etc., until it seemed to boot. However, I am getting no display on either of my two monitors. I tried reseating everything (power plugs, hard drive connections, graphics card, etc.), unplugging an plugging back in connections, all with no luck. No bulges/burns on the motherboard. Most every time I started up I got the on/off/on/off/on/off/etc. and then it starts. I tried unplugging the graphics card and using the onboard motherboard display (HDMI) and removing one by one the RAM modules but that didn't work either. The graphics card fan is on, as are the other fans.

The only progress I have made is when I removed the CMOS battery and then put it back in again. This stopped the power cycling problem, but I'm still not getting a display on startup.

Everything powers (LEDs, multiple fans, etc.) so I don't think it is the power supply. The video does not work on either the graphics card or the built-in mobo graphics so I'm thinking it isn't the graphics card. Is it likely the motherboard?

THERMALTAKE 600WATT 80 PLUS POWER SUPPLY
ASUS PRIME B360M-A INTEL 1151 MATX SATA3 M.2/PCIE
INTEL CORE I7-8700 3.20GHZ 12MB INTEL SMART CACHE LGA1151 (COFFEE LAKE)
TWO (2) ADATA 8GB DDR4-3000 XPG Z1 MEMORY
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
240GB WD GREEN SSD 2.5" SATAIII 6.0 GB/s

jzeldis1

Reputable
Oct 14, 2017
Update: Well, I replaced the motherboard and got the same exact thing -- no video display on either the onboard video or on the card (tried two different monitors). I just ordered a new PSU. Anything else I should consider/

jzeldis1

Reputable
Oct 14, 2017
Update again: I replaced the PSU and am still not having any luck. I've also tried running video off the integrated video and that doesn't give me any video either. Would a faulty CPU keep me from getting video? I've never been so stumped. I've gone through every one of the tips in the NO VIDEO/NO POST tips and that didn't help either. Any suggestions to help me out?