Question System goes bad every 3 months.

Jun 20, 2022
I keep my systems cables, and interior clean, and dust free as much as possible, but I have a recurring issue. My system starts to do a single beep, during the middle of whatever I'm doing. ( Like once a week?) Then it slowly does the single beep more and more within a month, to a point of a single beep every hour. Once it gets to that point, then the PC will randomly crash, and restart. No blue screen, nothing. Like someone hits the reset button. Until it no longer boots up. But if I reformat, re-install windows ( 10 64 bit btw) it does fine for about 3 months, and the above problem cycles over. Reformat, re install, fine. 3 months cycle, repeat.

Any ideas?

Jun 20, 2022
Update ( forgot additional info )

I always do a fresh restore point, after everything is loaded, yet for some reason, it gets delayed, and gets rolled over to something "current" like ...2 days prior to system shut down. ( So in effect the new restore point is the only option I can pick, but it's within the same time frame when the pc starts mis-behaving. ( And the old restore point initially set, is gone.)

So restore point keeps restoring, but never stops. So I reset the PC. Now it just loaded up fine ( this time, ) with no beeps/crash/reset. But it does this cycle every 3 months. Frustrating.

TRENDING THREADS