Status
Not open for further replies.

ripudaman

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Hi All,

I have installed a new Graphic card HD 6770 since my 8800 GTS got cooked. Now the problem is that system is hanging when i try to do some graphic card utilization like playing game or tuning graphic card and so on.
I thing i could be due to 3 reasons

1: the new card is 2.1 Express & my board is pq5 pro which i think support up to 2.0
2: my PCU is CoolerMaster Silent Pro M500 & i have 3 sata, 1 pata, DVD writer, 3 fan drawing power from it so i might be card requires more power then my previous one.
3: 8800 GTS was Nvidia & this is ATI so it might be my old OS is having some issue & if i install a new OS this issue might go away.

Kindly suggest since in 1 & 2 case i might have to replace the card or buy a new psu

Thanks,
Ripu

Solution
that could cause an issue......I would uninstall all of your drivers both ati and nvidia then run a program in safemode called driver sweeper (its free you gotta DL and install it first) then boot back into normal windows and reinstall the latest ati drivers....let me know if this helps

drums101

Distinguished
number 1 is not the reason why it is hanging. number 2 what psu do you have...I am pretty sure the 8800gts used more power than your current card. and number 3 this seems more like a logical issue it could be software related...did you uninstall all of the 8800gts drivers before you installed the 6770 drivers? If you did that all correctly then it is possible the gpu might be faulty

ripudaman

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

I didn't, i installed the ATI drivers & then later uninstall the 8800 Drivers. U think that might create some issue. As i mentioned my PSU is CoolerMaster Silent Pro M500: 500 W

drums101

Distinguished
that could cause an issue......I would uninstall all of your drivers both ati and nvidia then run a program in safemode called driver sweeper (its free you gotta DL and install it first) then boot back into normal windows and reinstall the latest ati drivers....let me know if this helps

Solution

ripudaman

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Hey I did it & suppose it help i was able to run certain think which I was not able to do before, haven't tried any game yet but i thing the issue was conflicting drivers only

Status
Not open for further replies.