[SOLVED] System hangs BEFORE loading Windows 10

Nov 12, 2019
Do you know when you are trying to use a search engine for something but you can't figure out how to phrase it to find what you want?

That is me, right now. I am sure this isn't unheard of, but when my system is supposed to boot where it displays the hardware info momentarily on the screen, it hangs.

Doesn't give me the option to hit del for BIOS, nothing, just a blank screen, apart from displaying "9C" in the bottom right corner, which it has always done.

But when it loads Windows 10 it loads just fine, it seems to just do it about every other time.

I am thinking it might be a fault on the hardware level, like the motherboard on it's way out, as I've had it since December 2013.

Any ideas!?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Nov 12, 2019
I followed the link that you gave me. I downloaded the registry entry to disable fast startup. It didn't work. It doesn't even let me access the bios. It just says "9C" in the bottom right corner.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Update: I've removed a USB cable from the USB port that wasn't plugged into anything. That solved it.

I have this problem with my PC. If I charge my BT headphones via USB on front port of PC and not Disconnect it from windows BT menu before unplugging it from my PC, my PC will randomly sit on the startup screen and not see any devices, at one start up. I think it happens more if I leave cable attached afterwards.

I know it does it now but its weird. I have to assume because the BIOS on my motherboard is older than the headset, and it gets weirded out.

Glad you sorted it out :)

TRENDING THREADS