[SOLVED] System hangs on white VGA light after restarts.

Jul 8, 2022
Hi everyone. Hoping some one has seen this issue or can point me in a new direction. There are layers here, so let me break it down.

MB is an Asus Tuf Gaming Pro WIFI 2
64 GB Ram across 4 slots Dominator RGB matched pairs (two kits)
Ryzen 3900x
Gigabyte 1660Ti
1Tb NVME boot drive.

So here is my issue. If I have to restart via Windows (11), the system will shut down and then when it restarts, it will clear DRAM, CPU and then move to VGA where it stays lit and simply hangs with no display. If I then push the power button, shut it down and then hit the power button again, it will cycle through everything and start to Windows. No matter what I do, I can't get the system to make it through a restart after an update or installation of an app etc. I have to manually power it off for it to finish rebooting back in to windows.

Trouble shooting I have done thus far:

1. clear cmos (cuz why not?)
  2. Reseated my GPU and also moved it to the second PCIe x16 slot (same result)
  3. Tried a different GPU 1660 Super with same results.
  4. Reseated both the CPU and the cooler
5.Updated to latest Bios (this was already done) All bios settings are default (AUTO)

THEN, I decided to remove all sticks of ram......I installed one stick and was able to get the system to post correctly. I installed a second stick....posted again...I installed a third stick...posted correctly............installed the forth and final stick and FAIL.
I then went back and tried each slot with a single stick, testing each with restarts that worked. What I came to find is that no matter what slot of the 4 it is, I cannot have all 4 full and have it post correctly. It hangs at the white VGA light every time.

I am out of ideas. I have ordered another board (same one) and should have it tomorrow to see if the board is actually the issue but until then, I am really wanting to understand this problem.

Anyone have any ideas, feel free to shott them my way and I will give them a try.

Thanks in advance.

BK

Solution
SOLVED. The irony of this is that by falling back one Bios revision, my problem was resolved. REV 4203 solved my post problem. UGH! The easy stuff always ends up being the fix.
Jul 8, 2022
SOLVED. The irony of this is that by falling back one Bios revision, my problem was resolved. REV 4203 solved my post problem. UGH! The easy stuff always ends up being the fix.

Solution