[SOLVED] System high power usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2021
Hi guys

I bought lenovo legion 5 with RTX 2060 and intel core i7-10750H recently

My problem is that there is system application called system and it uses very high power and my cpu (I checked the application in task manager, that's where I find it, the application is in the bottom of task manager processes and it shows that it uses 10 percent of cpu and it also have very high power usage)

And it's look like it has something to do with the display drivers

I installed both intel vga drivers and nvidia drivers and in nvidia control panel, manage display mode when I change display mode from automatic to optimus, the power usage of system application will be dropped to high and moderate and it's cpu usage also will be reduced to 5% instead of 8to10 percent

And when I change the display mode to Nvidia GPU-only, the power usage and cpu usage of system application will be reduced ( cpu usage go to 0 to 1 percent and power usage will be very low) but now there will be usage on the nvidia GPU

I think it's because of integrated graphics but I wanted to know is this normal behavior for integrated graphics to cause system application uses both cpu and very high power?

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Download the latest drivers from Intel and Nvidia, and have them stored onto your desktop real estate. Use DDU to uninstall all your GPU drivers. Reboot into Safe Mode, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. One thing to note, check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. You can go into BIOS to see what version you're re equipped with or use CPU-Z to show you the BIOS version. If you have BIOS versions pending update, update them first prior to the GPU drivers.

As for the OS, what version of Windows 10 are you on?

Aug 3, 2021
Well I found the problem

the problem was because of one gadget called gpu monitor from 8gadget pack

It's look like this gadget is not optimized for RTX ( I had it for my pc and it was doing fine, I installed it for my brother's laptop with gtx graphic card and it was doing fine) and because of this it's cause this problem.

Shame, it's good gadget, gives me easy access information for how my gpu was doing.

Reactions: _Brain Damage_
Status
Not open for further replies.