Zig

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005

The system idle process on my Win2K server is showing 49934 minutes. Will
this eventually have a negative effect on the server? If so, what can be done
about it?

Zig wrote:
> The system idle process on my Win2K server is showing 49934 minutes. Will
> this eventually have a negative effect on the server? If so, what can be done
> about it?

Break out a dictionary and look up the word "idle," sometime. ;-}
The "System Idle Process" metric is the amount/percentage of time that
your CPU has nothing to do. A reading of 98-99% is generally
considered a good thing, and readings above 90% are normal. Think of
it like a car's engine idling in your driveway before you place the
car in gear.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: