Question System Info says UEFI but in BIOS it says UEFI+Legacy ?

Jun 27, 2022
Hi everyone, I've been striving to play Valorant after installing Windows 11, but I should turn TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot on first and I am scared to enable them. My disks are GPT and SystemInfo says UEFI but in BIOS it says UEFI+Legacy. I'm confused, can I turn them on now or not?

Hi everyone, I've been striving to play Valorant after installing Windows 11, but I should turn TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot on first and I am scared to enable them. My disks are GPT and SystemInfo says UEFI but in BIOS it says UEFI+Legacy. I'm confused, can I turn them on now or not?
Yes, for W11 you need BIOS to be in UEFI mode to turn on TPM 2.0 and secure BOOT and OS disk in GPT mode. Legacy/CSM mode in BIOS should be off.
If n BIOS it says UEFI+Legacy that's same as Auto and W11 will install in UEFI mode so you may as well to set BIOS to UEFI.

Jun 27, 2022
Yes, for W11 you need BIOS to be in UEFI mode to turn on TPM 2.0 and secure BOOT and OS disk in GPT mode. Legacy/CSM mode in BIOS should be off.
If n BIOS it says UEFI+Legacy that's same as Auto and W11 will install in UEFI mode so you may as well to set BIOS to UEFI.
so should I change UEFI+Legacy to UEFI first and then enable Secure Boot and TPM, does it matter? Can I enable them without changing UEFI+Legacy? Is my BIOS UEFI or Legacy now I didn't understand

TRENDING THREADS