[SOLVED] System interrupts using lots of cpu when task manager opens

Aug 20, 2020
So my PC was behaving a little slow when i was unpacking a win rar file. I've been experiencing lots of lag spikes ever since i got my motherboard replaced a little while ago. many people on the forum said that it's the spikes in cpu usage caused by task manager. but please explain this. I've updated all my drivers. Is this a hard ware issue ?
My PC Specs-
Ryzen 5 2400G
Corsair 16gb ram
Zotac GTX1050ti Mini
550W Corsair VS550 powers supply
Gigabyte b450m-h motherboard.
View: https://imgur.com/a/NSW7xDm

Please help me out !

Solution
Your CPU will get loaded fairly easily. It doesn't have many cores.

You can check the performance of your CPU and GPU by using eg Cinebench for your CPU or Furmark for your GPU.
There's a heap of others.
You should run these tests and see how you compare to others.

You can decrease the total load on your CPU by disabling any software that you definiely doen't need to use - using Task Manager.

And your CPU works better when it's cool. How hot is it getting?

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Your CPU will get loaded fairly easily. It doesn't have many cores.

You can check the performance of your CPU and GPU by using eg Cinebench for your CPU or Furmark for your GPU.
There's a heap of others.
You should run these tests and see how you compare to others.

You can decrease the total load on your CPU by disabling any software that you definiely doen't need to use - using Task Manager.

And your CPU works better when it's cool. How hot is it getting?

Solution

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
System interrupt is the process by which the CPU communicates to other hardware components of the system, such as HDD, GPU, etc. So it is perfectly normal for that process to use CPU time when opening Task Manager as it need to get info from all those hardware. However, if the CPU usage continues for more than a few seconds, it may indicate a deeper problem, as a failing hardware might take longer than normal to "respond".