System Interrupts, yet again.

Dec 5, 2014
A month or so, I posted a question about System Interrupts not idling. I fixed it - temporarily, by disabling the audio service. Now its come up again.

The old post was here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3025629/system-interrupts-idling.html

Looking at the Event Viewer, These are of particular interest to me. These two events occur every time I start Windows:

ACPI: Warning - ": The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS."

Kernel-Processor-Power - Warning "The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report."

"System Firmware" is also a device in device manager: http://imgur.com/gallery/RzlwgFQ/new

Now I believe System Firmware has a big role and the culprit of this issue. I uninstall it, and it comes back after a reboot.

Any way to fix this really irritating problem?

Solution
I cross referenced your old thread, the laptop's model number and Acer's support site
Notebook>Aspire>Aspire F5-572G
and found that you weren't suggested to update your BIOS where it's shown on their support site to have a BIOS update for you with up to 1.14. You should update your BIOS to the latest and see if the issue is yet persistent.

You should also disable automatic device driver updates feature. Often time's the update service can bring about a mish mash of drivers that are inappropriate for your device although it may show up as necessary.

Lutfij

Titan
I cross referenced your old thread, the laptop's model number and Acer's support site
Notebook>Aspire>Aspire F5-572G
and found that you weren't suggested to update your BIOS where it's shown on their support site to have a BIOS update for you with up to 1.14. You should update your BIOS to the latest and see if the issue is yet persistent.

You should also disable automatic device driver updates feature. Often time's the update service can bring about a mish mash of drivers that are inappropriate for your device although it may show up as necessary.

Solution