System is toasting my comp

Carrt2

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Recently a process called system has been skyrocketing up to 100% disk usage whenever I run certain games like Arma 3 or R6 Siege. My hardware is fine, I was able to run these games perfectly alright in the past but now I cant. I use windows 8 and after an afternoon of letting my computer go through software updates I believe there was a bad update that is the cause of this irritating issue. I have yet to find a solution please help.

I should also note that is issue isnt indefinite it lasts for probably around 20 minutes or more then seems to level out like alls good again so im lost and yet on the other hand it can go back to being shitty if i tab out.

Deehomes

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
if it's the system idle process, that usage is actually the percentage of the CPU that is idle or not being used. So if you see this process sitting at say 90% CPU usage in task manager, really only 10% of your CPU is being used. You didn't really specify, but is the actual performance of your games being affected?

Carrt2

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

Im not really sure how else to explain it other then the system gets ridiculously high and makes my games unplayable aka lag etc.