Every 60 seconds my system checks the CDROM drive for media and my curser
shows a CDROM picture. How can I make this go away?? I doesn't matter if I
have media in the drive or not. Media player 10 will continue to play as
well as all other computer functions continue to work but there is a breif
pause while the system checks the drive.

Me too! Me too!

I have had this problem with my wife's system for several years. It
happened when I used the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to transfer the
settings from her old XPHome system to her new XPPro system.

Help, please! Anyone?