System keeps failing to boot and install new version Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

AukurgkNL

Reputable
May 28, 2015
Ok this issue started when I decided to delete the windows.old folder (upgraded to windows 10). So I deleted the folder and that was all fine

Then I realized that I had like 30gb free space on my C drive (250gb SSD). So I decided to shrink the C drive with EaseUS partition software, I succeeded.

But here is where my problem started, when shrinking the C drive, the software did something strange, it deleted a by system reserved partition by 63mb. That specific partition needs to be minimal 350mb for W10 to boot. Resulting in me not being able to boot.

So I proceeded trying diskpart to extend that partition to 350mb--> no luck.
I've tried many different things with diskpart but still no luck. I also noticed that the system keeps giving the windows partition the label 'G' instead of 'C'. So I changed that to C, I succeeded.

HOWEVER, for some kind of reason it deleted my W10 from my SSD. Leaving me with NO windows.

So now I'm trying to install W10 again from a CD, had no luck. (system freezing at the windows logo). It also gave me the error code 0cx00000e9 a couple times.

So PLEASE someone, can just someone help me with this. I'm really frustrated and scared to lose all my data...
Any help will be appriciated! :)

sorry for my RIP English BTW.

Solution
1) Do you want to save any data from OS drive? If yes go to 2. If not go to 3.
2) Get Acronis True Image or any similar backup software (boot CD/pendrive) which allows further extraction of files from the .bak file and do a full backup of the system drive saving .bak file over an auxiliary drive (HDD, pendrive, etc)
3) Hard disconnect (sata cables) all other drives than SSD, run Win 10 installer and wipe out all partitions and let installer create new ones.
4) When done you can extract viable files from backup to the working system.

You must know that saving windows settings will hardly be possible since most of the settings sits at the win registry and migrating it to a new installation is quite a trouble. From the backup on the other...

Ra_V_en

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
1) Do you want to save any data from OS drive? If yes go to 2. If not go to 3.
2) Get Acronis True Image or any similar backup software (boot CD/pendrive) which allows further extraction of files from the .bak file and do a full backup of the system drive saving .bak file over an auxiliary drive (HDD, pendrive, etc)
3) Hard disconnect (sata cables) all other drives than SSD, run Win 10 installer and wipe out all partitions and let installer create new ones.
4) When done you can extract viable files from backup to the working system.

You must know that saving windows settings will hardly be possible since most of the settings sits at the win registry and migrating it to a new installation is quite a trouble. From the backup on the other hand will be able to get back game saves, game settings, applications settings, documents, etc. Most of them sits at c:\Users\<UserName>\ location.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.