[SOLVED] System keeps freezing randomly, usb ports stop working. Its a bit off a nightmare

Smedhead

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
So I have a system i have been using for a while just a bunch of used componets i sourced for cheap. System specs are amd fx 9370, down clocked to 4ghz, hyper 212 evo, m5a99x evo r2.0, evga g3 750w 80plus gold, western digital 1tb hard drive, and a gtx 960 2gb. I am having an issue with it randomly freezing, just in regular windows, or in game. while when i am in game the problems are very real, the volume cranks and you hear the last noise in a 1 second loop until you power off,
Now ways i have tried to fix my issue, re seat re thermal paste and re mount the cooler. nothing changes. so next one down the list, blew out the pcie x16 slot. nothing. tore down the gpu, noticed that half the gpu die had thermal paste. so i re thermal pasted and put it back together. issue went away for a day or two. then came back. then i moved my fan configuration around, temp wise i noticed a huge drop in temps. problem didn't go away but it got mellowed down to freeze for 5 seconds max then come back. so i adjusted the van curve on msi after burner just to go 100% and the temps are great. gta 5 mid to high settings I'm getting 34 max. so temps are fine. my cpu doesnt reach more then 55c under 100% load. so I'm not sure why my system keeps freezing. I also have a spare graphics card i tried and the problem got worse. so i re slotted me 960. I have also deleted drivers and re installed. Also gonna try and flash the bios.
Problem 2 and this happend right before the freezing started, could be related or completely different. my keyboard and mouse occasionally die on me unless I'm gaming, while my my controller and head set still work fine. tried a different set of mouse and keyboard same thing.
please any ideas, I'm stumped and frustrated. Its all my budget can afford at the moment. but i still need it to last me at least 6 more months to a year. thank you

Smedhead

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
ah well i got a friend to look at it quick. his suggestion was to try a fresh wipe of windows, sounds like a driver error, and the system worked flawlessly till a few weeks ago built in september

Smedhead

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
looking to build a new one shortly, i have a lump some of money coming in i got injured earlier this year, so i will be able to build a way better system in the future just trying to slap duct tape on this one just to keep it running. it has been very stable as all the fx9000s are is very well bined fx8000s, i got it down clocked to a fx 8350, i know its unstable and a furnace, all im looking for is another 6months to a year for when the new 3000 nvidia cards get released so i can build a more high end comp

You didn't mention your RAM situation. As for the mouse and keyboard - any chance they're configure in power management to allow Windows to shut them down (power saving)?

So I have a system i have been using for a while just a bunch of used componets i sourced for cheap. System specs are amd fx 9370, down clocked to 4ghz, hyper 212 evo, m5a99x evo r2.0, evga g3 750w 80plus gold, western digital 1tb hard drive, and a gtx 960 2gb. I am having an issue with it randomly freezing, just in regular windows, or in game. while when i am in game the problems are very real, the volume cranks and you hear the last noise in a 1 second loop until you power off,
Now ways i have tried to fix my issue, re seat re thermal paste and re mount the cooler. nothing changes. so next one down the list, blew out the pcie x16 slot. nothing. tore down the gpu, noticed that half the gpu die had thermal paste. so i re thermal pasted and put it back together. issue went away for a day or two. then came back. then i moved my fan configuration around, temp wise i noticed a huge drop in temps. problem didn't go away but it got mellowed down to freeze for 5 seconds max then come back. so i adjusted the van curve on msi after burner just to go 100% and the temps are great. gta 5 mid to high settings I'm getting 34 max. so temps are fine. my cpu doesnt reach more then 55c under 100% load. so I'm not sure why my system keeps freezing. I also have a spare graphics card i tried and the problem got worse. so i re slotted me 960. I have also deleted drivers and re installed. Also gonna try and flash the bios.
Problem 2 and this happend right before the freezing started, could be related or completely different. my keyboard and mouse occasionally die on me unless I'm gaming, while my my controller and head set still work fine. tried a different set of mouse and keyboard same thing.
please any ideas, I'm stumped and frustrated. Its all my budget can afford at the moment. but i still need it to last me at least 6 more months to a year. thank you