Question System keeps rebooting at random times.

cakes86

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
My pc randomly decided to reboot and then got stuck in a boot loop the other day. Then I switched it off for a while thinking perhaps it was getting too hot. I then got it to work again for a time for it to then just decide to not work the very next day. I could not get it to even power on at all. Only Lan port lights were lit up on the motherboard nothing else. I left it for a day or 2 then I randomly decided to amuse myself and it booted up as if all was well. Lasted a little bit so I powered down. Since then it’s randomly done it and eventually if I leave it, will correct itself somehow and boot up. That is it keeps clicking trying to boot up but at least these times I’ve had light on the power button and looks like the video card/mobo. That is a little confusing in itself if not totally relevant. Currently it’s sitting on windows 10 log in screen as if no issues. Any ideas as it’s driving me mad and I’ve tried all the usual clear cmos and take out a memory stick and even tried taking out the video card. At the present I’m thinking my psu has randomly incurred some glitch or error. I right out of ideas. Apologies in advance if I’m posting this in the wrong part of the forum.

My pc randomly decided to reboot and then got stuck in a boot loop the other day. Then I switched it off for a while thinking perhaps it was getting too hot. I then got it to work again for a time for it to then just decide to not work the very next day. I could not get it to even power on at all. Only Lan port lights were lit up on the motherboard nothing else. I left it for a day or 2 then I randomly decided to amuse myself and it booted up as if all was well. Lasted a little bit so I powered down. Since then it’s randomly done it and eventually if I leave it, will correct itself somehow and boot up. That is it keeps clicking trying to boot up but at least these times I’ve had light on the power button and looks like the video card/mobo. That is a little confusing in itself if not totally relevant. Currently it’s sitting on windows 10 log in screen as if no issues. Any ideas as it’s driving me mad and I’ve tried all the usual clear cmos and take out a memory stick and even tried taking out the video card. At the present I’m thinking my psu has randomly incurred some glitch or error. I right out of ideas. Apologies in advance if I’m posting this in the wrong part of the forum.

Hey there,

Welcome to Tom's Forum.

Can you start by listing your complete PC spec. Including the make/model of your PSU.

Random restarts like that typically point to a PSU issues. But could potentially be something else.

cakes86

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Sorry I should have written that. Brain is fried trying to fix this damn thing.

Gigabyte x470 Aorus ultra gaming
Ryzen 7 2700x
32gb Corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz (4x8gb sticks)
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce gtx 980 ti gaming g1
Adata XPG SX8200 pro M.2 1TB SSD
Antec eag pro 750w gold psu

TRENDING THREADS