System Log to find Reason for Crashing

gabessdsp

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
I was wondering if there is any software that can write logs of my computer of what is happening so that I can pinpoint what is causing my system to crash.

It could be several different problems but I'm just not sure what it could be. Sometimes my computer just restarts itself without warning, sometimes it crashes and becomes jumpy only with mouse/keyboard input, and very rarely there's a BSOD. I have completely re-installed Windows from scratch to no avail, and have checked for driver updates and such.

I should also mention that it doesn't necessarily happen under any sort load, it appears to be completely random.

gabessdsp

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

Thanks for the quick response. So I found out what is happening:
The AODDriver4.3 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

any idea what this is and how to correct it?

Reyaz123

Admirable
Do you need this driver? It sounds like its been uninstalled and forced to run at system power on
Open msconfig
Go to the services tab
Locate the AODDriver in there, and disable the service

If that doesn't help, find the amd fuel service and disable that too

Reboot the system after and see if it helps

gabessdsp

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
So I found another thread about that issue and I fixed it. Computer was running strong for about 15 hours. Then this morning I was on it and it crashed again, it just shut off and turned back on. I looked through the Event Viewer and there's no error or anything that indicates what it would be.

Reyaz123

Admirable
I would suspect disk fragmentation is the cause for that. Make sure you aren't using an SSD and run a full defragmentation of your hard drive using '"defraggler by piriform"

Also, download malwarebytes, boot into safe mode with networking and run a full malware scan in there

Sometimes, the superfetch service can cause this issue. Go into msconfig, services tab, disable superfetch
Reboot the PC afterwards and see it if helps

gabessdsp

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

Well my OS and major programs run off of an SSD, and I just scanned my HDD's and there's no fragmentation. I generally keep a clean system, and that's why this is puzzling me so much. I've been running Malwarebytes for several years as well and there's no issues there in the scan, even after going into safe mode. I will try to disable that service though and see if that could be the issue.

You may want to consider that you don't need to defrag a ssd it will do more harm then good to the drive unlike mechanical drives.

gabessdsp

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

That's why I mentioned it wouldn't be a defrag issue since it is an SSD and would cause more harm than good.

TRENDING THREADS