[SOLVED] System not booting after new cpu install

Aug 8, 2019
I have a bit older motherboard h97 anniversary and just swapped out my i5-4690 for a i7-4790k plus installed a cooler master 212 on it using thermal paste. When I try to boot it back up, the screen gets frozen shortly after the windows logo pops up. I’m running the latest bios update and have tried disconnecting everything during boot besides my monitor that’s connected via hdmi and no luck. Any help would be appreciated it.
These are my specs:
Windows 10
Intel i7-4790k
Ram 16gb
64 bit operating system
SSD 1tb
650w bronze power supply
(No gpu)

Solution
Doesn't seem like it would be a compatibility issue since both chips are Haswell. If you look in the BIOS, what temp is your 4790k running? I also use the 212 on mine, and while it doesn't keep it cold, it is adequate at 4 GHz. I wouldn't let it go any higher (4.4, for example) until you get it into Windows.

Have you swapped it out yet and confirmed that your 4690 is still running everything OK? What brand is the motherboard?
Jun 18, 2019
I have a bit older motherboard h97 anniversary and just swapped out my i5-4690 for a i7-4790k plus installed a cooler master 212 on it using thermal paste. When I try to boot it back up, the screen gets frozen shortly after the windows logo pops up. I’m running the latest bios update and have tried disconnecting everything during boot besides my monitor that’s connected via hdmi and no luck. Any help would be appreciated it.
These are my specs:
Windows 10
Intel i7-4790k
Ram 16gb
64 bit operating system
SSD 1tb
650w bronze power supply
(No gpu)
Reset bios it would be display adapter problem

Aug 8, 2019
Reset bios it would be display adapter problem
How would I reset the bios? Is that the same as doing instant flash? I tried to re-flash the bios by internet flash but it just installed the same version which is the latest version and the screen just boots to black after the restart.

Jun 18, 2019
How would I reset the bios? Is that the same as doing instant flash? I tried to re-flash the bios by internet flash but it just installed the same version which is the latest version and the screen just boots to black after the restart.
Remove cmos battery from motherboard for a 10-15sec and re insert battery
If it didnt work try to go into windows 10 safe mode and delete the display driver's of old.igpu/gpu

Aug 8, 2019
Remove cmos battery from motherboard for a 10-15sec and re insert battery
If it didnt work try to go into windows 10 safe mode and delete the display driver's of old.igpu/gpu
I tried to reset the cmos by removing the battery and putting it back in after a few minutes and it didn’t seem to change anything. I’m holding shift while turning the computer on and can’t get into safe mode. If I press f11 it takes me into the Asrock boot options.

Jun 18, 2019
I tried to reset the cmos by removing the battery and putting it back in after a few minutes and it didn’t seem to change anything. I’m holding shift while turning the computer on and can’t get into safe mode. If I press f11 it takes me into the Asrock boot options.
Turn on pc while booting turn the pc off suddenly by pressing power button
Repeat it once more and
In third time boot normally it will redirect into windows repair menu select advance option and thereby select safe mode search youtube for tutorial videos

Aug 8, 2019
Turn on pc while booting turn the pc off suddenly by pressing power button
Repeat it once more and
In third time boot normally it will redirect into windows repair menu select advance option and thereby select safe mode search youtube for tutorial videos
Unfortunately it just freezes during the windows repair menu screen.

Aug 8, 2019
Yea the 8 pins are to power the cpu, I have a problem my self. My motherboard has a 8 pin but I purchase a power supply with only 4 and I tried to overclock thinking that it’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem like it would be a compatibility issue since both chips are Haswell. If you look in the BIOS, what temp is your 4790k running? I also use the 212 on mine, and while it doesn't keep it cold, it is adequate at 4 GHz. I wouldn't let it go any higher (4.4, for example) until you get it into Windows.

Have you swapped it out yet and confirmed that your 4690 is still running everything OK? What brand is the motherboard?

Solution