[SOLVED] System not booting after overclocking

ville72

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
Components: GTX 1060 6gb, Ryzen 5 1500X, 8gb 3200mhz hyperx ram, Aorus b450 elite motherboard and a 500w coolermaster powersupply.

So I just did a reinstallation on my system the other day. It all booted, and then I went to overclock. I overclocked (Not really overclocked) my ram to 2933mhz 1.350V, and my CPU to 3.8ghz, voltage was set to auto but running at about 1.390V anyways. I saved and rebooted the system, but it never posted.

I have tried holding the powerbutton in for 15 seconds, but nothing happend. I did also restart the system about 5 times, still nothing. When I restart the monitor it just says, "NO SIGNAL".

On the mobo, there's a little red light that lights up at VGA, I don't know what this means.

I have overclocked the system before with the same settings, and it never failed to boot. How can I fix this problem, and why will it not post?

Solution
You need to reset the BIOS. either move the BIOS jumper (follow the motherboard manual instructions) or remove the BIOS battery, disconnect the mains plug, push the power button a few times to drain the caps, then reinsert the BIOS battery and boot up.
You need to reset the BIOS. either move the BIOS jumper (follow the motherboard manual instructions) or remove the BIOS battery, disconnect the mains plug, push the power button a few times to drain the caps, then reinsert the BIOS battery and boot up.

Solution

You may have pushed it too far, maybe tried to run it at too high a clock speed. if you just reset it to factory it'll run again fine.

every CPU is different, you may read online someone with your CPU ran it at XXXXmhz but they may have just ended up with a slightly better CPU than you by luck of the draw and yours might not run at that.

You arnt going to damage it trying it out as long as you dont go mad with the voltages and increase things at small increments.