Question System not booting/CPU red light

Nov 29, 2022
Hello everybody,

I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II with AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1650 Video. Yesterday I tried to start the system but no sound, no light no fans spinning. Checked PSU, 120V in ok, no 5V/12V out. Bought another PSU unit. Now I have lights and fans running but no display (HDMi input). Checked with different HDMi cable and monitor, same thing.
Tried with a known working graphic card (same model, from a second PC), no change. Tried with new DRAMs, no change. Then I noticed the red-lit CPU LED on MB. That, according to MB manual, shows missing/faulty CPU. Removed CPU, RAM, reset CMOS (JBAT shorted) then downloaded and installed (from formatted FAT32 flash drive) the latest BIOS from MSI site. No change. Tried a previous version of BIOS, no change, CPU red light is still on and no image. Just to make sure, CPU pins were checked under magnifier, they are all straight, as expected, since it was installed when system died.
Please help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. As for the replacement PSU, please include the make and model as well. On second thought, please include all the hardware used in your build to rule out the existing parts being faulty. we should be seeing two sets of specs, one for your current build and the other being a replacement part that was used for troubleshooting the build. Use this template;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor: