[SOLVED] System not booting/m.2 ssd not shown in BIOS anymore

Jun 10, 2020
Hello,
I hope i chose the correct forum for this.
Yesterday my PC crashed, after that it would boot normally, but as soon as I logged into windows the taskbar kind of crashed/freeze.
I could still move my mouse but when I tried to click on something, the whole screen would freeze.
I decided to call it a night. When I booted the system today, I got the message to select a boot device. Looking into the BIOS, I noticed my system harddrive is not shown in the boot-device list.

The m.2 ssd is a Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Mainboard: Asus Prime X470-PRO
BIOS Version: 5406 x64 (Date 11/13/2019)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

I bought the m.2 ssd around a year ago and the system worked fine until now.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Solution
Hello,
Yesterday my PC crashed, after that it would boot normally, but as soon as I logged into windows the taskbar kind of crashed/freeze.
I could still move my mouse but when I tried to click on something, the whole screen would freeze.
I decided to call it a night. When I booted the system today, I got the message to select a boot device. Looking into the BIOS, I noticed my system harddrive is not shown in the boot-device list.

Sounds...

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
Hello,

Sounds like a bad SSD or the port being used is bad. Have you tried switching to another m.2 port and tried that?

Solution