aljo

Reputable
Mar 19, 2018
My computer does not turn on. I have tried everything in my power. There is an error light that's shining red on my motherboard which indicates a CPU problem. I have contacted AMD for a RMA on the processor and recieved a new one. The same problem. I have tried 3 different BIOS versions, no change. I got a friend to lend me his pc to swap everything. GPU is working fine, RAM is working fine. PSU was working fine. The only problem we ran into was the Processor/motherboard. I have gotten the RMAd CPU back and installed it. It still does not work. I hope it's not a problem with the MOBO cause it's the only item I can not RMA ( got it as a reward for internship ). I have been without my gaming/school/work pc for three weeks at this point. I am desperate. Thanks for any advice. If you need any more info, please don't be shy.

SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x,
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080, 8GB,
RAM: 4x8GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB,
MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Discs: 500GB M.2, 2x500GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Ralston18

Titan
How long ago did you receive the motherboard? Do you know where the motherboard was purchased?

Contact the seller.

Also dontact Asus.

Explain that the motherboard was a gift and that you do not have any purchase information.

Be prepared to provide motherboard serial number, revision information, etc..

No harm in trying.

aljo

Reputable
Mar 19, 2018
How long ago did you receive the motherboard? Do you know where the motherboard was purchased?

Contact the seller.

Also dontact Asus.

Explain that the motherboard was a gift and that you do not have any purchase information.

Be prepared to provide motherboard serial number, revision information, etc..

No harm in trying.
Hey thanks. I got the motherboard in late may to early june. I have no clue where they got it from, but it was most likely a local shop.

I've contacted ASUS yesterday, or should I say I sent their support team a ticket and am waiting for a response.