[SOLVED] System not functioning properly since changing motherboard ?

Apr 9, 2021
Hello, I recently purchased a new Gigabyte B250-H3D Mobo. The rest of my system is:

Intel Core i7-7700k
Asus RX580 AMD GPU
Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD
Gskill DDR4 2133 16bg (2)
EVGA 850G2 PSU

I had all components working fine on an Asus Strix B250H.

I switched Mobos and now my GPU is not recognized, and if the ATX on GPU is plugged in, I get a black screen, even though I'm connected to Mobo HDMI. I also get a black screen if I plug in another stick of RAM, I only have slot 2 in use. If I put a stick in any other slot, black screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Why did you feel the need to change motherboards?
One thing you must do is to install the motherboard chipset drivers that came on the cd with the new motherboard.
Or, you can download them directly from Gigabyte, and they will be the most current levels.

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link provide the applicable User Manual for your new Mobo?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-b250-hd3_e.pdf

[Do verify that I identified the correct User Manual.]

Read through the User Manual to double check all connections and related configuration settings.

In some Chapter's you may be referred back to Gigabyte's websites for updated information - do that as well.

Pay close attention to all fine print, warnings, foot notes, etc..

Ensure that all connections are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection so sometimes what feels to be fully connected is not.

Check by sight and feel to verify connections and card seatings. Use a bright flashlight to help. Nothing crooked, no bare connector showing, etc..

Did you manually download the RX580 crivers via AMD's website. Reinstall and reconfigure?

Start over and go step by step. If supported, leave out the GPU at first and get the system running with the onboard graphics (Physically numbered Page 6 of the User Manual).

Once you are sure that the motherboard is fully functional then move on to installing the GPU.

Why did you feel the need to change motherboards?
One thing you must do is to install the motherboard chipset drivers that came on the cd with the new motherboard.
Or, you can download them directly from Gigabyte, and they will be the most current levels.

Solution