Question System not posting, constant short beeps without memory, no beeps with memory.

Oct 31, 2021
While trying to setup a home office, I plugged in a cheap KVM switch to my PC, and I noticed I couldn't get any USB peripherals to be recognized anymore, keyboard mouse etc. After trying to restart, it started a few times with similar usb issues, couldn't log in because I couldn't input anything. After a few or those, the system wouldn't seem to start. Would just show a black/blue screen as a lack of HDMI input. I could get the system to boot with some hard power down and cap discharging, it would show a bios corruption, and load the backup bios and boot. I believe during these boots the system would be fairly normal, USB peripherals even working.

However, after a few of those I can no longer get the system to boot at all. I obtained a debug speaker, and have found the following, with the PSU, CPU, Cooler, and Mobo, I get a constant stream of short beeps. According to my Mobo manual, that indicates a PSU failure. The other part I notice is that with a single memory stick, there are no beeps at all. I purchased a new PSU and tried the same setup, PSU, CPU, Cooler, and Mobo, with the same result.

Originally I was thinking it was a bios failure, or other Mobo failure. But after the speaker result, I'm not so sure.

Mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU: Intel i? Sandybridge, I think
Stock CPU Cooler: E97378-001
PSU: Corsair TX650

Second new PSU: Corsair HX1000

Oct 31, 2021
Yeah, I removed the switch after I noticed usbs werent going through. Most of my testing was without it.

The kvm was usb and hdmi. I think only the usb was plugged in.