[SOLVED] System not recognizing more than two SSDs at a time.

destinywarlock55

Reputable
Sep 20, 2017
I recently installed an m.2 SSD onto my Asus B350-F motherboard. This brings my total SSD count to three + 1 HDD. I noticed, however, that it refuses to recognize either one of the SSDs when the other is connected (excluding the m.2 of course). It also doesnt make sense considering there are 6 SATA ports on this motherboard. If anyone knows what I can do to fix this, that would be great! Thank you in advance!

My current storage set up is:
+500GB Nvme m.2 (Sabrent Rocket)
+500GB SATA SSD (Samsung 860 Evo) (will not recognize if the Silicone Power drive was plugged in first)
+2TB SATA HDD (Seagate)
-but wont recognize my 256GB SATA SSD (Silicone Power) if the Samsung drive was plugged in first.

System specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus B350-F
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4

Solution
I recently installed an m.2 SSD onto my Asus B350-F motherboard. This brings my total SSD count to three + 1 HDD. I noticed, however, that it refuses to recognize either one of the SSDs when the other is connected (excluding the m.2 of course). It also doesnt make sense considering there are 6 SATA ports on this motherboard. If anyone knows what I can do to fix this, that would be great! Thank you in advance!

+500GB SATA SSD (Samsung 860 Evo) (will not recognize if the Silicone Power drive was plugged in first)
+2TB SATA HDD (Seagate)
-but wont recognize my 256GB SATA SSD (Silicone Power) if the Samsung drive was plugged in first.

System specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus...

+2TB SATA HDD (Seagate)

System specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus B350-F
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4
When you use the m.2 slot it affects sata 5+6 see if that applies.
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b350-f-gaming-model/spec

Solution