[SOLVED] System not registering XMP and Boost Clock

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
MSI x570 gaming plus mobo (advertises frequencies up to 4800), could get a stable post upto 3600 with a voltage was happy with, but chose to simply roll with xmp profile 1 (3200) for purposes of testing, using ADATA D41 modules (which msi supposedly explicitly tested the mobo with, freed and validated), and using boost clock in the bios (which is supposed to provide 4.1ghz to processor (ryzen 5 3600, 4.2 is max boost), however, benchmarks and system info software all state the cpu is running 3.6ghz and ram at 1333 (ddr and all thats equal to 2666). Why can I not bypass industry standards using provided features? How can I reach the intended goals

And YES, I have flashed the mobo with the newest bios version already, which supposedly fixed boost issues. Cpu power 1 and 2 are connected, psu is 750w Seasonic focus gold plus, power draw shouldn't be an issue.

Solution
In the "Learn more" of Memory section, there is an asterisk which states: *Memory compatibility depends on the model. The 4800MHz is the highest of the X570 motherboards. Check the compatibility list for details."

MSI Afterburner is for manual GPU OC, for those power users who want a little bit extra out of their GPU.
Though, why it shows such low values, i can't tell. For me, it looks normal without any fiddle of it's settings.
oxuQgvc.png
What's your GPU make and model? Also, what GPU-Z is saying? (download link)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Care to link the page from where you cut those two advertising images? Since on MoBo official specs, there are no such claims present,
link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS/Overview

Also, according to MoBo specs, max RAM speed it supports is 4400 Mhz, not 4800 Mhz. Moreover, if you want your RAM to run at e.g 4400 Mhz then you have to buy that specific RAM which is designed to run at 4400 Mhz (e.g this one). There is no way on earth you can get 4800 Mhz out of RAM which is designed to work at 3200 Mhz.

Speaking of your CPU OC, here i need you to link that official MSI statement where MSI states that once you enable Game Boost from BIOS, it's guaranteed that R5 3600 CPU will run at 4.1 Ghz.

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Care to link the page from where you cut those two advertising images? Since on MoBo official specs, there are no such claims present,
link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS/Overview

Also, according to MoBo specs, max RAM speed it supports is 4400 Mhz, not 4800 Mhz. Moreover, if you want your RAM to run at e.g 4400 Mhz then you have to buy that specific RAM which is designed to run at 4400 Mhz (e.g this one). There is no way on earth you can get 4800 Mhz out of RAM which is designed to work at 3200 Mhz.

Speaking of your CPU OC, here i need you to link that official MSI statement where MSI states that once you enable Game Boost from BIOS, it's guaranteed that R5 3600 CPU will run at 4.1 Ghz.
Not saying i want 4800 out of it, I was saying it says up to 4800 (click on the memory tab with the sine waves, straight from the website, here is a little picture story of the page you linked. ). I've managed to sort those issues out, all happy and stable now.

Though I am curious what msi afterburner is doing, my gpu fps works seemingly fine however, msi after burner sees it differently, any idea whats going on here, this is just the automatic base settings, haven't touched the GPU?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
In the "Learn more" of Memory section, there is an asterisk which states: *Memory compatibility depends on the model. The 4800MHz is the highest of the X570 motherboards. Check the compatibility list for details."

MSI Afterburner is for manual GPU OC, for those power users who want a little bit extra out of their GPU.
Though, why it shows such low values, i can't tell. For me, it looks normal without any fiddle of it's settings.
oxuQgvc.png

Solution

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017

Left everything alone, that is how it is on its own terms (I'm pretty sure it should not have the clock set at 2054 considering the boost clock is only supposed to be 1905, self ocing?)

Another picture list

XFX RX 5700XT RAW II, though for the life of me i can't find any information anywhere on the gpu, even the gpu-z lookup returns nada. Its thicc this thicc that and the occasional other person asking about raw 2

If its any help, 1, 2, 3, got 3DMark and HeavenBenchmark 4.0 results too if you want

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You have this GPU?
specs: https://www.xfxforce.com/gpus/radeon-tm-rx-5700-xt-8gb-gddr6-raw-ii-ultra

As far as MSI Afterburner goes, it's possibility that not all aftermarket RX 5700XT GPUs are added to it's database, resulting in a flawed clock/memory speed values. And also meaning that you can't OC the GPU with MSI Afterburner at this time.

Though, GPU-Z and UserBenchmark show your GPU operating within normal specs.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Well, if you have the component (which you have), just read the part number off from it's sticker (usually at the back plate or on retail box and starts with S/N), put it into Google and voila. That simple. For others who can't read the part number off from the component and have to rely only it's name, yes, it's harder to identify the component.