Question System not seeing my screen native resolution at all

Jan 6, 2020
First i wanna say that i created an account just to post this so yeah, hi (if it's in wrong board feel free to move it)

Now, i've recently bought a GTX 760. The problem is, my system doesn't see my screen's native resolution (my screen is Samsung LS22A300). It constantly says it's 1366x768 when it clearly isn't, it's 1920x1080. I've worked around it and set a custom resolution in nvidia panel, but that's where i encountered another problem - many games don't see it anyways and force me to 1366x768 no matter what. I mean some of them work as intended seeing 1080p (for example battlefield 3, war thunder, dirt rally, the crew), some of them don't but changing config settings works (defcon) and some of them just simply won't display in 1080p even if i force them to (minecraft, scp containment breach, red orchestra 2). RO2 for example doesn't even flicker the screen when i change the resolution in the console from 768p to 1080p, it's treating it as the exact same thing. I've reinstalled the drivers, both nvidia and samsung screen, installed older ones, did basically everything in my knowledge and nothing helped. Even the Samsung driver states in the config file to the drivers that the screen is 1080p (pics attached), nothing. What's important to note, that on my previous GPU (Radeon HD 5770) i've got the exact same problem, only that setting the custom resolution worked, so it leads me to believe that it's not the gpu problem. By that i mean all the games did see the custom resolution and i could play every game in 1080p no problem after setting it. System is win 7 64 bit, i use DVI cable, screen doesn't have HDMI port, only DVI and RGB.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem i would be very thankful because it starts to slowly drive me insane.

Also sorry for the fact that it's in polish, i will translate everything if needed.

View: https://imgur.com/a/WekTYZi

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums!

We're going to need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

We will also need to know what version for Nvidia's GeForce drivers you're working with. If you had the same problem with your prior GPU, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you've got an issue with your OS and your motherboard.

Please make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and then use DDU to remove all drivers from the system, then install the latest drivers from Nvidia manually.

Jan 6, 2020
Thank you for your reply! Sadly, the troubleshooting you provided did not change the problem in the slightest (reinstalled the bios and did a clean drivers install with DDU)
Specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i5 760 (first gen of i5s, 2.8GHz)
MOBO: Asus P7H55M PRO
Ram: 4 x 2 GB 1333 MHz of some Kingston model
HDD: 1 TB wdc wd10ears-003bb1 ata device
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
PSU: Corsair CX500
Chassis: no idea

Jan 6, 2020
I've got an update - basically my system sees my monitor as another one, SyncMaster S19A300B /S19A350B (Digital) to be exact, which is in fact 1366x768. I know this, because its codename (MONITOR/SAM0789) shows up as an id in directories HKLM\Systems\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration and HKLM\Systems\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Connectivity. Deleting these directories from registry does nothing, as they reappear as soon as i boot my computer again or unplug and plug the monitor in. What's more, i can't seem to delete all of the mentions of the wrong monitor in directory, as i get "no permission" message, and i can't give myself permission because i then get an error or another "no permission message" (i do all of these as an admin of course). my monitors codename is MONITOR\SAM078F. I will provide screenshots, but i am unable to do so at this moment as i'm not at home.

Tl;dr turns out the system recognizes my monitor as another samsung model with lower native resolution.