[SOLVED] System not starting

Jul 6, 2020
I am building a new system and have plugged all my components into their correct places but when plugged into the wall the front panel seems to be receiving no power. The standby power led on the motherboard lights up but nothing runs when the power button is pushed (no beeps, no fans turn on, and the monitor remains blank).

My components are:
-2 TB and 500 GB Seagate Barracuda HDD that came from my old build
-Ryzen 7 2700x CPU 8 core 16 thread
-ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard
-GameMax RGB Power Supply Unit 850 Watt 80+ Gold
-2 sticks of XPG Spectrix D41 8 GB DDR4 RGB RAM
- Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Windforce, 4 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card that also came from my old build

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Solution
Like @ThatSourMelon says, try reseat the 24 Pin and 8 Pin on motherboard. also 2x8 GPU cord. And make sure the "Power SW" and "Reset SW" cord in the front panel system on motherboard is plugged in correctly.

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I am building a new system and have plugged all my components into their correct places but when plugged into the wall the front panel seems to be receiving no power. The standby power led on the motherboard lights up but nothing runs when the power button is pushed (no beeps, no fans turn on, and the monitor remains blank).

My components are:
-2 TB and 500 GB Seagate Barracuda HDD that came from my old build
-Ryzen 7 2700x CPU 8 core 16 thread
-ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard
-GameMax RGB Power Supply Unit 850 Watt 80+ Gold
-2 sticks of XPG Spectrix D41 8 GB DDR4 RGB RAM
- Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Windforce, 4 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card that also came from my old build

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Make sure all the power connectors are in the right place, and try to reinstall the RAM.