Question System occasionally stutters, switches audio, rgb lights flicker, and more issues

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
I can't really figure out a good subject line for this as a lot is going on and it's difficult to describe without going into detail. This issue has been persisting for I'd say a little over a year now, and I can't seem to get a proper answer for why my PC has been doing this. Sometimes it happens randomly, sometimes it happens when I'm gaming, and sometimes it just doesn't happen.

When I'm connected to my headphones, sometimes my PC will randomly switch my audio to my speakers, my RGB lights will start to spazz out, if I'm playing a game the FPS will dip to around 5-10 FPS, and then after a few seconds, everything goes back to normal. Without my headphones on, the same thing happens except without switching my audio. Sometimes I'll be listening to music late at night and my system will randomly switch my audio to my speakers, which blasts it and wakes everybody up. I haven't been able to pinpoint the issue exactly, but I've assumed that maybe it was more of a motherboard issue than anything else. My parts aren't very old either except for the motherboard, which I've had for 3 years now. In listing my specs, I also listed how long I've had each of my parts if it helps!

MSI B350 PC Mate (3 years old)
Ryzen 7 2700x @ Stock (1.5 years old)
RTX 2060 (10.5 months old)
Corsair 650w PSU CX Series Bronze 80+ (2 years old)
8x2 Corsair Vengeance @ 2933 (A little over a year old)
Samsung EVO 970 500 GB nVME (has Windows 10 on it & 1.5 years old)
2TB Seagate HHD (A little over a year old)
500GB Kingston SSD (3+ years old)
Corsair Carbide 275r (1.5 years old)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the wattage of the unit. Please include the model of the unit. As for your motherboard, what BISO version are you on at the time of writing? Speaking of versions, what version of Windows 10 are you working with? On the latest firmware version for your Samsung(and other SSD's)?

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the wattage of the unit. Please include the model of the unit. As for your motherboard, what BISO version are you on at the time of writing? Speaking of versions, what version of Windows 10 are you working with? On the latest firmware version for your Samsung(and other SSD's)?

the BIOS version is the most recent one before the Beta version. My windows 10 version is 19042

As for the firmware version with my Samsung and the other SSD, I'm not totally for sure if I am as I've never downloaded any firmware for any of my SSD's or HDD's.