[SOLVED] System on HHD not SSD?

Saucen

Reputable
Sep 8, 2016
I just resetted my PC and also reinstalled windows because i felt like i was just keeping space i didnt need over the years, when doing this i just noticed my computer slow and just frustrating when opening some things and I have no idea if this is even connected, but it says my system is on my HHD and not my SSD, my boot and eveything else is on my SSD but why does it say my HHD has my "System"?

PHOTO:
View: https://imgur.com/a/kdnEvOw

Solution
Your SSD is slow, because it's almost full. SSD needs to have at least 10-20% free or performance slows down considerably.

Plus - there's another problem - both of your drives are dynamic. That's going to cause problems later.

I'd do this:
disconnect hdd, leave only ssd connected,​
boot from windows instalation media,​
clean ssd using diskpart, convert it to basic,​
install windows,​
reconnect hdd and perform import foreign disk, to make it accessible.​
This would make ssd bootable.

HDD would still remain dynamic.
To make HDD basic, you'd have to copy HDD data to a different drive, clean HDD, convert to basic and copy data back.
When you install the OS on the drive you want you have to unplug the other drives so that Windows does not install some system files on them.

Now if you remove that HDD from your system. Your OS won't boot even if you installed the OS on the SSD.

Or is it possible the HDD had an OS on it previously that never was erased completely?

Saucen

Reputable
Sep 8, 2016
When you install the OS on the drive you want you have to unplug the other drives so that Windows does not install some system files on them.

Now if you remove that HDD from your system. Your OS won't boot even if you installed the OS on the SSD.

Or is it possible the HDD had an OS on it previously that never was erased completely?
So what your saying is there is no way for me to get my system on my SSD unless reinstall windows on my ssd and unplug my HHD?

Your SSD is slow, because it's almost full. SSD needs to have at least 10-20% free or performance slows down considerably.

Plus - there's another problem - both of your drives are dynamic. That's going to cause problems later.

I'd do this:
disconnect hdd, leave only ssd connected,​
boot from windows instalation media,​
clean ssd using diskpart, convert it to basic,​
install windows,​
reconnect hdd and perform import foreign disk, to make it accessible.​
This would make ssd bootable.

HDD would still remain dynamic.
To make HDD basic, you'd have to copy HDD data to a different drive, clean HDD, convert to basic and copy data back.

Solution