[SOLVED] System POSTS and display works, but keyboard and mouse don't ?

Nov 19, 2020
So today I updated my gigabyte b450m ds3h from bios ver. F50 to F60c so I could upgrade my cpu to a 3rd gen cpu, and after it wasn’t seeing a boot drive, and I got into the bios and put my boot drive as first priority, then restarted, then it boots with the reboot and select proper reboot device message, but this time the keyboard and mouse don’t work so I’m I’m stuck, I tried reseating my ram twice and I know how to fix the proper boot drive error (my boot drive went into ahci mode and I have to switch it to raid) and the rest of my specs are

1Tb hdd (boot drive)
256gb m.2
R3 1200
Gtx 1660 (Zotac)
8gb ram (2x4 2666)
500w 80+ white smart psu

Any Help Would Be Terrific

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Out of curiosity, did you just straight to BIOS version 60c or did you work your way gradually towards F60c? If the latter then you're advised to update the BIOS gradually step by step, i.e from F50>F51>F60c.

Also, have you tried powering down the system, disconnect from the wall and removing the CMOS battery from the board before replacing it after 15mins?

Another thing, ditch that PSU if you're using a Thermaltake unit. Make and model of your SSD? FYI, you've got it upside down, the OS(and games) should be on the SSD while the rest should be on the HDD.

Lutfij

Titan

Out of curiosity, did you just straight to BIOS version 60c or did you work your way gradually towards F60c? If the latter then you're advised to update the BIOS gradually step by step, i.e from F50>F51>F60c.

Also, have you tried powering down the system, disconnect from the wall and removing the CMOS battery from the board before replacing it after 15mins?

Another thing, ditch that PSU if you're using a Thermaltake unit. Make and model of your SSD? FYI, you've got it upside down, the OS(and games) should be on the SSD while the rest should be on the HDD.

Solution
Nov 19, 2020

Nov 19, 2020
I went straight to 60c I didn’t see any thing saying I shouldn’t, neither did I try the cmos battery replacement. I know that I should boot from my m.2 but I didn’t pick it up until my system was already built, I have my games on there though and I don’t know the make or model but it’s a Kingston m.2 I was thinking about getting this one fixed and selling it, without the drives, and rebuilding since I’ve learned from the mistakes I’ve made with the specs and it only being used since the start of summer I think I could sell it for around 400 maybe 500