Question System randomly shutting down or stuttering for no obvious reason ?

May 15, 2021
Hello guys! I am new to this forum. I have been dealing with this issue for a long time, and I have no clue what is happening to my system, so I want to ask the power of the community!

Here is my spec:
CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2650 @ 8C16T (TDP: 115W)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333MHz (ECC RAM)
GPU: Radeon RX 570 with 4GB
Storage: 2x 256 GB nvme SSD; 1x 512GB SATA HDD; 1x 480GB SATA SSD.
Motherboard: x79 huanan.
PSU: 600W Gold 80 Plus.

The problem:
  1. Randomly shutdown (occasionally, no pattern. Sometimes it can last 10-15days without any sudden shutdown)
  2. Randomly stuttering without heavy load.
2.1. Symptom and potential clue of shuttering:
· When this happens, sometimes the CPU usage will blow to 100% while sometimes the usage is normal.
· Watching Youtube videos will dramatically increase the chance of shuttering. When it comes, it is so difficult to stop the video. After the video stopped, the system will be back to normal.
· Copying/transferring files from drive A to drive B will increase the chance of shuttering like the case of watching Youtube videos, but the degree of the shuttering is less bad.

Diagnosis:
  1. AIDA 64 system stability test ( CPU, FPU, RAM, STORAGE, GPU all on ), for 5 mins
  2. Gaming for hours.
Nothing strange happened!

And what I have tried to attempt to solve the problem:

• I suspected that the motherboard is wearing out so I have replaced it with a whole new high-spec motherboard.
  • I thought could it be the system not having sufficient power from the PSU (the original one is 400W) soI have replaced a new 600w PSU as I have shown in the spec list.
  • I have also tried to use other SSD drive for the system, no luck.
  • In case of faulty system settings, I have reinstalled Windows 10 a few times, no luck there either.

I almost changed everything on this system except CPU and RAM. Well, maybe I should throw away the whole thing and buy a whole new PC. But before that, I would like to find out what kind of shadow straying into the system. Because I have never seen such weird case in my life. It is out of my radar!

I am looking forward to any inspiration toward this question! Many thanks!