System Randomly Very Slow on boot - sometimes fine and then sometimes slow

DukeYYC

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
Hi all,

I have the following system:

I am having a very random, intermittent issue that I cannot seem to solve, and was hoping for some thoughts from the community:

This occurred both on Win7 x64 Pro before my upgrade to Win10, and has continued on Win10

Basically, I will boot my computer up and it will load windows to the login screen as fast as normal. But I put in my password and it either just sits there loading for ever, or it goes to the desktop and loads one or two of my startup apps, but then hangs there. I can open the start menu, etc but nothing responds, its like the computer has just slowed to a stop - the muse works, I can open and close the start menu, but nothing responds.

I then manually reboot and the same issue can occur 2-3 more times in a row before it boots fine and runs fine - other times it will reboot and be fine - it's completely random.

I have tried unplugging most of my USB accessories and my optical drive to see if maybe it's PSU related (not sure why I thought that, just a gut feeling) - But no change.

I'd rather not do a reformat, but if I have to, I will... Any thoughts or folks who've experienced similar issues?