birjest

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2001
Greetings fellow whiz...I am going through some trial and tribulations. I have a Celeron 400, clocked to a 450. ABIT BE6II mobo, 32mb Diamond Viper V770, 128 mb SDRAM, cr-w and cox@home cable. Well more than ever, when i go into a visitin a web page, my system will lock up, or re-boot itself on its own, or will say that the cox@home is causing the fault. But more so than ever, it will re-boot itself. I was wondering, should I add more memory like buy a 128mb stick or a Pentium 3 600, 650e or eb...or buy memory and processor? Can you shed some light on this drama that is going on in my life...:-(

Morwing

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001
Hmm... strange, when my machine crashes, it doesn't bother to tell me why :) But seriously, have you tried to run your mahine on default settings = unclocked? Is it a cable modem or something? Can you try it in a different machine or a differrent cable modem in your computer to see if it really is cox@home's fault...

I really don't think that adding more mem, or changing processor gives you any help, if it crashes only in net use... but you can never be too sure...

If it is a cable modem that can be moved, try changing it over to an other slot... Remove it, re-boot computer, put it back in... Ju-ju-majick often works too...

- Jan :)

TRENDING THREADS