Question System reboots after login

Sep 29, 2021
My system restarts after login or at login screen as soon as I enter password, however it works perfectly fine for hours on Safe Mode. I have tried everything I could find online, posting here just to understand the issue.

• Went to safe mode, removed drivers, came back installed old drivers, Crimson ReLive Drivers.
  • Disabled restart on system failure
  • Disabled Windows Updates, Disabled Automatic installation of drivers
  • Flashed motherboard BIOS to latest
  • Flashed Graphic Card BIOS to stock, tried the secondary BIOS switch as well
  • Tried changing the graphics card to 1050TI, same problem there.
  • Tried installing the windows and same problem there.
  • Tested the RAMs using memtest, replaced the RAMs.
  • Changed the slot of my graphic card - this worked and I was able to install and run latest AMD drivers, and the system was running fine for about 4-5 hours and then the same thing happened.
What can I do now ? How can I diagnose what the problem is so that I can fix it, may be replace some hardware if its causing issue.

My PC Details:

Lenovo S30 - 056851U
Xeon E5-2670
24 GB RAM (16 + 8)
2TB Segate + 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD
XFX AMD Radeon Rx570 8GB - Connected to 3 27" Displays through DP Ports
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
Was the system working fine before?
You said that changing the slot of the graphics card worked temporarily- I would suggest using the integrated GPU but I don't think you have one. If you use that (apparently) better slot without installing the latest AMD drivers, does it work for more than those 4-5 hours?

Also check the settings in the BIOS and the GPU BIOS- Sometimes some random option causes this kind of thing.

And this sounds basic, but everyone can miss it- Check for malware.

Sep 29, 2021
Was the system working fine before?
You said that changing the slot of the graphics card worked temporarily- I would suggest using the integrated GPU but I don't think you have one. If you use that (apparently) better slot without installing the latest AMD drivers, does it work for more than those 4-5 hours?

Also check the settings in the BIOS and the GPU BIOS- Sometimes some random option causes this kind of thing.

And this sounds basic, but everyone can miss it- Check for malware.
I dont have a integrated GPU. The better slot worked fine with the drivers installed for 4-5 hours. Now it driver or no-driver the better slot is giving the same issue. The system was working fine previously, I have been using for about 2 years now, this started happening randomly.

A fresh install on a new drive is also having this same problem, so I doubt this is software related. I feel like this is either motherboard or PSU, just wondering if there is something I can do to validate this.

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
I dont have a integrated GPU. The better slot worked fine with the drivers installed for 4-5 hours. Now it driver or no-driver the better slot is giving the same issue. The system was working fine previously, I have been using for about 2 years now, this started happening randomly.
Have you checked it for malware?

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
Right, forgot about that- sorry. It definitely sounds like a hardware issue to me. Running it in Safe Mode probably puts less stress on the system, so it runs, but when running it normally once it reaches a certain point it shorts out. This is total speculation, just to be clear.
One thing I don't see you having mentioned was the PSU.

Reactions: helper800

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS