Question System reboots after streaming for 5-30 minutes ?

Apr 11, 2021
Hello guys, i've got a problem with my system that it would reboot after starting to stream and gaming, it would run okay for 5 to 30 minutes and then just freeze for 2 seconds and then reboots completely without showing BSOD or anything.
i went to event viewer and saw these Errors showing.

Event 18, WHEA-Logger
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.

i tried to stress test my CPU with prime95 , cinebench and GPU with heaven benchmark, 3Dmark and memory with OCCT and all kind of stress tests but i couldn't provoke the issue to occur again, only when streaming.
please Help. thanks in advance.

System specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Rx 5700xt Gigabyte
16gb Ram T-Force Vulcan 3200MHz
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM
Corsair ML120 RGB fans x9
Be quiet 600W power supply
Lian Li o11 dynamic
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
T-force 1TB SSD SATA
Barracuda 4TB HDD

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Might be combination of psu and gpu, the psu not being good enough for the gpu. That gpu is known for power spikes (transient spikes).

Tried prime 95 and furmark the same time? Or maybe cinebench R20 for cpu and cinebench R15 for gpu.

Have the latest bios?

Apr 11, 2021
Might be combination of psu and gpu, the psu not being good enough for the gpu. That gpu is known for power spikes (transient spikes).

Tried prime 95 and furmark the same time? Or maybe cinebench R20 for cpu and cinebench R15 for gpu.

Have the latest bios?
i have no clue what's causing it, event viewer Error is from the CPU? i don't even know.
i tried Prime95, OCCT and Cinebench R20 and R23 to stress test the CPU and Heaven benchmark and 3DMark for GPU and all have passed, none would provoke the issue to occur again, only when i start streaming and gaming, mostly on Rocket League.
all the stress tests were done separately one at a time.
Yes, i have the latest BIOS, i specifically updated the BIOS hoping to fix this issue but it didn't.
i doubt its the PSU as none of the stress tests will cause the issue to occur again but streaming and playing Rocket league? don't the stress tests put a larger load than streaming and gaming? i would suspect its the GPU but i will upgrade my PSU to Corsair RM750 750W 80+ Gold and see if it helps but until then, is there a way to troubleshoot this issue and what does the Event viewer error mean?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
i tried Prime95, OCCT and Cinebench R20 and R23 to stress test the CPU and Heaven benchmark and 3DMark for GPU and all have passed, none would provoke the issue to occur again, only when i start streaming and gaming, mostly on Rocket League.
all the stress tests were done separately one at a time.
What i asked was to stress both components since that is what is happening when streaming+gaming, Might show the problem as well.

From what i know are the faults described likely hardware issues.

Apr 11, 2021
What i asked was to stress both components since that is what is happening when streaming+gaming, Might show the problem as well.

From what i know are the faults described likely hardware issues.
Hello mate, sorry for the late reply .. so i ran both prime95 and heaven benchmark for 2 hours and it didn't reboot all passed, i also streamed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for an hour and it didn't reboot either .. there must be a problem with Rocket league and AMD drivers?
so that excludes any hardware problems, right?

Apr 11, 2021
Yeah, tried that, didn't work aswell. =(
sorry for the extremely late reply!

but I've found out that whenever my pc boots to windows after rebooting, the Radeon Software would say "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure."
it does that when there is an error with the driver. Could this be an issue with the driver? though i have tried using DDU to uninstall the drivers and re-install them twice but I'm still having problems. I've also noticed that whenever I update my windows it just gets worse and worse

Last edited: