[SOLVED] System reboots really randomly

Dec 29, 2019
Heyo!
So, my PC is like 2 years old, the matter is, some months or even a year ago she started to reboot, and that's all, just rebooting. I remember exactly this happened after some Windows Update, or likely, but I can't figure what update was, or why Windows could cause this, but:

Over this weeks and even months, I tested everything, ran every test that exists and tried every option that forums told me to do.

Tried another PSU, changed cables, EVEN swapped my CPU with another one (same socket). Switched RAM modules (but I ran so many tests that told everything was OK that I don't think that's the matter...)

And I did even more.. tested my SSD and HDD, everything was allright..
I swapped to Linux OS, but I just resisted some mins in there cause I dont like it (no restarts meanwhile).

The only thing I discovered so far, is this:
She will only reboot as long as "'npsvctrig'" from FilterManager is loaded. I can play for hours with no trouble if that doesn't load, but if it does, then it reboots my PC.

Every single driver is up to date, BIOS up to date, tried with stock speeds, same results.
SPECS:
MOBO: Maximus X HERO - WIFI AC
PSU: Corsair AX860i
CPU: I7-8700k
AIO PUMP: Corsair H150i PRO
VCARD: ASUS STRIX 1080TI OC
RAM Modules: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - 3200MHz
This is NO heat issue. Any temp on my entire case isn't going past 60 Celsius.
Ty people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The error " npsvctrig " related to the OS, not to the hardware.

Try to use the SFC (System File Checker) utility. How to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system
You can run it multiple times, if you can't fit it at one time. Make sure the window is up to date too.

Also may try to reinstall the Window OS too, and make sure you disconnect the HDD when you do the OS installation, because some malware disguises itself as npsvctrig.sys too.

Try to use the SFC (System File Checker) utility. How to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system
You can run it multiple times, if you can't fit it at one time. Make sure the window is up to date too.

Also may try to reinstall the Window OS too, and make sure you disconnect the HDD when you do the OS installation, because some malware disguises itself as npsvctrig.sys too.

Solution
Dec 29, 2019

Yep, SFC just reported all ok (at least 2 runs) but I'll asume it's because the OS is clean.
Right now I've installed Windows LTSC (no random apps from Windows) as I had been reading that some issues were resolved by the Windows-Deabloater script (doesn't work for me tho), so i tried that and BY NOW everything runs OK, not only the system's run smoother but no reboots (2 continuous days of no reboots it's just like glory).
I'll keep updating if this works, in case it's useful to someone.
Ty for your reply!