Question System restarting every few seconds

Jun 13, 2020
HI,

So few days ago, I decided to move to new state and I always wanted to upgrade my PC tower case so I went on and dissembled my PC and moved and yesterday when i received the new case I reattached everything in the new case but It keep restarting every 2-3 seconds,there is a "tick" sound happen and it restart. So I dont know whats the problem , the PC was working perfect before I took it out. some things I tried:

• tried to reassemble everything in and out of the case
  • i never took the rams or the m.2 drive from motherboard out when I first took it out, but i still tried to remove the rams but still didnt work (didnt take out the m.2, should I?)
  • I tried to without gpu
  • When I first took out the mobo, I also left the liquied cooler attached when I moved them and never took it out. but after the fail I tried to reattaching and all but still the same issue.
the one thing is, the backplate of the liquid cooler (the one that attaches to the back of the mobo) kinda broke but sink still secure, it might be a little loose, but for test sake i tired to firmly secure it myself to just test but its still the same issue.

So Im just wondering what is likely happened? I feel like mobo, cooler or power supply gave out.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB
SSD/HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
GPU: GTX 1080ti
PSU: EVGA supernova g3 850

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, where does the tick noise come from? The PSU? If so, then you will need to see if a donor PSU changes your experience. Have you tried breadboarding your system to see if the new chassis is shorting the system? Also, what case were you on and what case did you move on to?

Jun 13, 2020
We're going to need a little more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, where does the tick noise come from? The PSU? If so, then you will need to see if a donor PSU changes your experience. Have you tried breadboarding your system to see if the new chassis is shorting the system? Also, what case were you on and what case did you move on to?
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB
SSD/HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
GPU: GTX 1080ti
PSU: EVGA supernova g3 850

I believe the tick is coming from the PSU. new case is Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB (I cant remember the name of the old case, im go try and see if i can find it). Im not familiar with breadboarding.

Jun 13, 2020
Update: So I replaced the motherboard and that issue been fixed, the PC is running but now there is no signal on my monitor. - I tried testing around the RAMs but the same thing, no signal to monitor? any help?

Jun 13, 2020
Hey,

So my system kept restarting every second, so I tested it with a new cooler and psu but it didnt fix the problem and it kept restarting and making a clicking noise. So I replaced the motherboard and that issue been fixed but now the PC is running but there is no signal on my monitor. - I tried testing around the RAMs but the same thing, no signal to monitor

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus LGA1151 Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB SSD/HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo GPU: GTX 1080ti PSU: EVGA supernova g3 850 OS: W10

the old motherboard was Z370 Aorus Gaming 7

Lutfij

Titan
So you changed the PSU to a brand new unit(same make and model)? At this point I'd inspect the CPU socket for any bent/broken pins during installation and maybe untighten the mount by one revolution per screw.

You might also want to run without a discrete GPU while the system is breadboarded. Which slots are the rams in?

Jun 13, 2020
````````````````````
So you changed the PSU to a brand new unit(same make and model)? At this point I'd inspect the CPU socket for any bent/broken pins during installation and maybe untighten the mount by one revolution per screw.

You might also want to run without a discrete GPU while the system is breadboarded. Which slots are the rams in?
I didnt change the the PSU, i kept the old one since it wasnt the problem. Im breadboarded and see if that fixes it.

Jun 13, 2020
Update:

the Debug LED on the motherboard is red on the CPU indicator does that mean it failed? I tried reseating it but the the same thing still happened and the Debug LED for CPU is on still