System Restarting Probelm

nishanemo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
I opened RAM once and after placing it in the slot again, the system is not starting properly.
i mean to say it starts, but then after sometime the monitor shuts down.The Graphic card gets heated up a lot. Can u please aid me to solve my problem.

1st how far does it go before monitor shuts off does it get past the post screen or does it just stay blank.

2nd Did you make sure they were seated in the slot all the way sometimes you really have to push hard to get it to seat all the way.

3rd Why did you have the ram out in first place did you put new ones in or were you just cleaning or something?

nishanemo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Thanks for the concern.

Before the system actually starts the Monitor shuts off. Before it shuts off the the window page generally runs.
And it takes a very long time to reach the Windows page.

Actually I thought of buying new DDR II Ram of same speed, but couldn't .So i placed the old Ram . The system went very slow and will not start. The Graphic Card got very headed up. The Ram was placed in slot properly. One of my friend told may be SMPS is not working properly.
And when the system was made to run with another machine's SMPS(Cooler Master Real Power pro 650W) it started properly. It was thought SMPS may have a problem. And in the process of detecting any perticular eror, the processor was burnt. So next day i took my machine to Computer Shop, where new processor was placed and then the machine ran fine. I was told the problem was due to dust, and the SMPS was fine. And it was cleaned by the mechanic. I was told to format the system once.
Next one day the system ran fine, but again the same problem started. The monitor shut down , suddenly, even while making changes in settings of the bios.
I want to find out where the problem may be?

Thanks.