Question System restarts when trying to access BIOS ?

Nov 2, 2020
Hi all,
I am hoping you can help. I need to access my bios but when I hit f2 or delete as prompted on screen at startup my screen goes blank and the machine restarts. It has been this way for some time but boots and runs perfectly otherwise.
I am now in need of accessing my bios to setup some oc profiles for my ram and cpu.
Here is the spec:
ASUS maximum hero viii mother board
I7 6700k cpu
8gb Corsair vengeance ram
rtx 2060

I have tried the ASus flashback bios option incase there is an issue with bios. This does not really appear to work. The button flashes three times and stays on for an unlimited amount of time which leads me to believe it is not working. The usb plugged into that slot flashes once or twice and then nothing more. I have left this for two days before and the light does not go off so it is definitely not flashing anything.

can anyone give me any tips on how to recover this bios and gain access?

thanks In advance

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020
Nov 2, 2020
is it in the root folder of the stick?
is the stick fat16/32 formatted?
Hi mate,
Yes it’s in the root and the usb is fat32 formatted. It’s weird because I’m the mobo manual it says to just press the flashback button. But online it says hold it for three seconds until you see three flashes and it stays on. May have to try another usb and see if issue persists. Also may have to try and update another way.
Is there an easy way to do it in windows is?

thank you

TRENDING THREADS