System Restore without removing an OS

Solution
You can reinstall win 7 with another win 7 install DVD of the same version that the CD key is for,then download all the drivers for the laptop and when you go to activate windows do it by typing in the CD key on the laptop (if it does not activate the do it by phone)

Ranco58

jdoggie101

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
I would like to restore my pc back to factory but still have my windows 7 on it because i dont have a cd to put it back on my pc. I dont have my pc backed up but was wondering if there was an option to do this like there is on phones and tablets?

dariens007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
if you have a store bought pc they normally have a restore to factory setting. you do it by either using the included dvd's or when the computer starts up you hit one of the Function keys and go into the restore menu. first and foremost backup your data because a factory restor will delete everything and reset it to the day you bought it. what make model and brand computer do you have?

ranco58

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
You can reinstall win 7 with another win 7 install DVD of the same version that the CD key is for,then download all the drivers for the laptop and when you go to activate windows do it by typing in the CD key on the laptop (if it does not activate the do it by phone)

Ranco58

Solution