I was experiencing a host of problems with upgrading to Norton Internet
Security 2004 from 2002 and decided to restore to an earlier point and start
again.

When the computer restarted it unexpectedly carried out a disk check, then
proceeded to load, but not fully. I restarted and windows explorer came
back up, but not as I expected.

The situation is that:

when I now run System Restore I get a blank window,
when click on help and support nothing happens,
when I try searching for files I get the dog, but the rest of the search
panel is blank.

It would appear that Windows has restored incompletely and I am at a loss as
to what to do next.

I have installed Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2.

Can anyone help?

If you have a retail XP cd (upgrade or full) or an XP cd (not a restore cd)
that came with your computer (or any other computer you have), then use this
link.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

"Arthur McLean" <kippen.house@virgin.net> wrote in message
>I was experiencing a host of problems with upgrading to Norton Internet
>Security 2004 from 2002 and decided to restore to an earlier point and
>start again.
>
> When the computer restarted it unexpectedly carried out a disk check, then
> proceeded to load, but not fully. I restarted and windows explorer came
> back up, but not as I expected.
>
> The situation is that:
>
> when I now run System Restore I get a blank window,
> when click on help and support nothing happens,
> when I try searching for files I get the dog, but the rest of the search
> panel is blank.
>
> It would appear that Windows has restored incompletely and I am at a loss
> as to what to do next.
>
> I have installed Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2.
>
> Can anyone help?

TRENDING THREADS