• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.A

May 19, 2021
I had to do a system restore today...when done I was left with half my files turning into "NUSM" files......any idea what type of file this is and any way of changing them back to their original file type? ( they were zip files )

thanks!

C.A

May 19, 2021
Comp was freezing after the last windows update...After the restore....all my mod files for a game ( over 1tb ) that are zipped...are now called MUSN files....and I cant do anything with them

Colif

Win 10 Master
can you show some screenshots? I can't find any reference to either type of file apart from this thread.
upload to imgur and show link here

gl search "musn" in google as it just finds musn't

May 19, 2021
pls help!!. my laptop also get infected it turn to be nusm file.. i wanna cry cause all my work and picture turn out to be nusm T.T

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
And a 3rd person chimes in.

For all 3 people:
  1. What have you downloaded and installed, and from where?
  2. Why was there not a backup of this data?
  3. As requested above....some screenshots of what you're seeing would help.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Given NO further response from the OP, and given the cracked software...we're done here.
Other than to suggest a FULL wipe and reinstall, Tom's Hardware does not assist with cracked software, or the results from it.

Closing this.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, full format and reinstall. Not a "system restore." Not a "Windows reinstall, keep my settings." A complete reinstall, deleting all partitions when installing.

Ignoring the fact that you were stealing for a minute, you could have backed up your important files at any time for free. Unfortunately, you were a thief and irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY