[SOLVED] System Running Suprisingly Slow

Jan 14, 2019
Here are the specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC @3.7 Ghz)
Cooler: NZXT Kraken M22
MOBO: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000 (running @3000 I believe)
Storage: 240GB Sandisk SSD, 4TB Seagate (I believe) HDD
GPU: Zotac 1070ti 8GB GDDR5 (no OC) AMP edition
PSU: EVGA 850BQ Semi-Modular

This PC was designed to be a monster gamer and I believed that it would outperform my old system (580 8GB and AMD FX-6300) very nicely, but my computer doesn't run all games nicely. Rainbow 6 Seige and CS:GO both look very grainy (despite highest AA setting on) and R6 runs so bad. My monitor is glitchy (but cheap) and it doesn't run too nicely so I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this? Also my 1070ti has latest drivers (according to driver easy) and so do all my other components and my BIOS is looking nice (though I'm new to BIOS management and still can't make an XMP although I do believe I have clocked it to 3000 manually. Any ideas? Thanks.

Solution
If you don't clean install there's no point in the rest of this. That will make a bigger difference than anything you can possibly do
Jan 14, 2019

I completely reused my drives and I am using my windows install from my prior build (which is really just massive updgrades). Kept it on my SSD.

Jan 14, 2019

Ok, my settings in there are foreign to me (new with BIOS) and I have only set the RAM to 3000 (still trying to confirm that). I am afraid I do not know what DOCP is. I upgraded my GPU from a rx580 to a 1070ti, in which I described the conditions of. 2600X? I am running a 2700X and it gets very hot (40 degrees celsius).

Jan 14, 2019

I have lots of data that I want to save from this build such as Windows and all the games that I have, especially the music that I make in my free time. I don't have a drive big enough for such an operation so is there any way to do this other than buying new drives?

Jan 14, 2019

Would that cause issues with duplicate Windows system files being in place at the same time? Wouldn't that also make it so that all of my system files would have to relocate, causing tons of issues (Windows installed on SSD)?

Jan 14, 2019

Ok thanks I'm going to do surgery on my PC and I'll install my spare HDD. I'll then copy all of my files from my SSD drive to my HDD drive, and then move all needed files back to my SSD. Would this cause any location issues? (ex. file not found, file moved, etc. errors?)

TRENDING THREADS