Question System Seems to be stuttering where it didn't before

S13ontap

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
I've built a new system, and It was running fine and flawlessly. 144+ FPS in warzone on max settings with ray tracing etc....
Now I get skipping or stuttering. - Seems like it's jumpy now. like skipping frames. maybe it's settings, but I'm terrified it's more (pretty noob to building pc's, but no where near a noob to pc's themselves)

Now I've made 3 changes last night, and I can't figure out which I should be looking at, without removing stuff to see why it could be doing this.

Recent changes
-Replaced Corisair 240mm AIO with Fractal Design 360mm AIO
-Replaced older SSD's as boot drive and programs, and installed XPG S40G 1Tb M.2 Drive - Using it as everything now. Game in question is on there with main OS and whatnot. everythings there - been told we dont have to seperate OS anymore
-Installed vertical GPU mount

So this system was running fine before, but Now I feel like my fans may not be cooling the CPU properly anymore, or something like the GPU overheating from the mount direction..... I dunno. GPU temps look the same as before. Unsure where CPU temps should be. The Fractal designs AIO had pre-applied paste on the pump. It sketches me out, maybe it's not contacting like it should? maybe the temps are normal? I dunno - It has auto/ PWM mode. I've tried both modes, as well as switching to pulse in my BIOS, but in PMW mode my Rad fans want to run much faster.

How do I check this stuff? it passess stress tests. what should I do guys?

You've answered many of my questions with others threads before, so I thought I'd sign up, and see what the people on here think.

Thoughts?

S13ontap

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
cool cool. thanks guys.

If there's anybody out there..... Seems to be the CPU or the cooler. I feel like it's running hotter than it should. Anybody know how to troubleshoot this kind of stuff? AIO in cpufan vs pump, how to test if pump is functioning properly. PWM vs auto, and why it maxes the fans all when i switch it in bios... etc....

Anyone?

TRENDING THREADS