[SOLVED] System sensors show concerning temps in HWMonitor

joeeagle

Reputable
Nov 29, 2017
Hello, I am attempting to run an undervolt on my 9900KF CCPU which appears to be going well for CPU temps.

I am just worried about some other values that even at all stock settings, as well as after the undervolt, get quite high.

I am using an MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard, and the sensors called CPUTIN and TMPIN5 reach max values of 95+ celcius sometimes over 100 during benchmarking and stability testing.

My system throttles back to base clocks eventually during stability testing and these are the only high temps I can find.

Meanwhile the CPU core temps are chilling at high 60s low 70s.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Maybe download and install the free version of HWiNFO and see what it says about your VRM temperatures. Look for VR MOS or VRM MOS? Or maybe MOFSET? I'm not at home now and can't check the correct reading.
I've read that TMPIN5 can be related to the VRM on your motherboard. A less than stellar motherboard VRM may not play well with the power hungry 9900KF.

Also, if those are idle temps (60s low 70s), I wouldn't describe them as 'chilling'. What is your CPU cooler?

joeeagle

Reputable
Nov 29, 2017
I've read that TMPIN5 can be related to the VRM on your motherboard. A less than stellar motherboard VRM may not play well with the power hungry 9900KF.

Also, if those are idle temps (60s low 70s), I wouldn't describe them as 'chilling'. What is your CPU cooler?
Corsair H100 or something - 240mm aio and the temps are when running cinebench

joeeagle

Reputable
Nov 29, 2017
Maybe download and install the free version of HWiNFO and see what it says about your VRM temperatures. Look for VR MOS or VRM MOS? Or maybe MOFSET? I'm not at home now and can't check the correct reading.
Yeah so looks like the TMPIN5 is corresponding to the MOS reading in HWiNFO. I will look at adding another fan to my setup for better cooling perhaps, but under everyday gaming loads, I should be fine. Only under extreme load does it become a minor problem. Thanks.