Ryan Torrence

Honorable
Jun 12, 2015
i have recently upgraded to a ryzen 2700x from an intel board my current specs are as follows

an ADATA 128gb SATA3 SSD
ryzen 7 2700x
Radeon r9 390
MSI B-350 tomahawk
WD blue 1tb and a 500gb SSHD that i dont know the manufacturer as it was a gift,
and GSKILL ripjaws 5 2x8gb 3600mhz

when i took my pc over to a friend's house the old board died on me, but thankfully i was planning on upgrading that night anyways, upon doing the shenanigans with upgrading the bios with a 1st gen ryzen on this board to allow me to use my new CPU. Upon booting windows my system would crash over and over again, at the time i had ubuntu installed so i formatted and wiped all my drives to be ntsf and delete all storage, then later wiping the ubuntu partition itself via command line in windows installation to avoid issues there, after doing this the errors would still happen, most of the errors that weren't "STYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" had stopped however the service exception still happens and I've no idea whats wrong now as its a fresh install and still doing this. This was happening both before and after updating and installing my drivers for mobo,cpu,and gpu

does anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening and if so how to fix it?

Solution
Should probably try to delete the AMD graphics drivers in SAFE mode.

the bios was the latest stable, i was in the bathroom so my roommate did that part so i dont know the exact version, windows 10 installation media was made last night so yes, and i have not tried with 1 stick of ram yet, however i tried with 4 but not all 4 were detected in windows so ill try that and swapping them around in a moment

Ryan Torrence

Honorable
Jun 12, 2015
test with 1 stick of ram?
what version of bios did you install?
latest windows 10 installation media?
the bios was the latest stable, i was in the bathroom so my roommate did that part so i dont know the exact version, windows 10 installation media was made last night so yes, and i have not tried with 1 stick of ram yet, however i tried with 4 but not all 4 were detected in windows so ill try that and swapping them around in a moment

Should probably try to delete the AMD graphics drivers in SAFE mode.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS