[SOLVED] SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION bsod

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
So for a few months now ive been getting this bsod i tried buying a new psu but that wasnt the problem so i bought a new motherboard installed it and to my surprise i still get bsod. So now im off to buying some new ram. My curiosity is could malware/virus cause something like this? Or maybe my ram is just going bad and need to buy new modules.

specs: cpu r7 2700x
gpu rx580 8gb
mb msi b450 pro carbon max wifi
psu corsair rm650x
ram 2x8gb corsair vengeance pro 3000mhz cl15
x1 toshiba 1tb hdd
x1 250gb kingston ssd

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

• copy that file to documents
  • upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Reactions: Drew2345

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

So i literally can't do that in time for my pc to not blue screen me, but i did already have Who Crashed installed and took a screenshot of the results(memory dump analysis) i think this what you want right?
here is the link: View: https://imgur.com/D8MU7zS

Colif

Win 11 Master
whocrashed set it up for you then.

wonder if you crash so fast in safe mode
on the logon screen, open the power menu at bottom right
while holding down shift, click restart
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Go to c windows/minidump
it blames 2 parts of windows, as they are what crashed. They are unlikely to be cause though

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
whocrashed set it up for you then.

wonder if you crash so fast in safe mode
on the logon screen, open the power menu at bottom right
while holding down shift, click restart
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Go to c windows/minidump
it blames 2 parts of windows, as they are what crashed. They are unlikely to be cause though
Still crashed in safe mode but i was able to create the link: https://www.4shared.com/folder/-ZekciBq/_online.html also while not in safe mode cmd began opening out of nowhere and disappearing then my screen went black then i got the same BSOD. thought this might be a sign of malware or something.

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
i have to send link to a friend, he will replay here later and leave a conversion file that I can use...

Did you clean install win 10 after getting new motherboard?
I did clean install windows with windows media i had on an USB after installing new MB. Also what do you mean conversion file. Did i have to convert those files before uploading them?

Colif

Win 11 Master
no. you don't have to do anything to files. the files you uploaded need to be run through a program called windbg (windows debugger) and my friend has written a program that formats the results in such a way I can read them. That is the conversion file I was refering to.

i don't think its a driver problem then if it happens after a new install.

have you run memtest on the ram?

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
no. you don't have to do anything to files. the files you uploaded need to be run through a program called windbg (windows debugger) and my friend has written a program that formats the results in such a way I can read them. That is the conversion file I was refering to.

Yes I did with no results test didnt find anything, I will run another one but i think the results will be the same.

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019

So is he going to reply?

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, 4Shared has become difficult to use. I had to wait 60 seconds for each file to download, and had to login first. But, I got the files. It's fine as long as there is only 5 or so.

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/18aroevj/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:010521-3921-01.dmp (Jan 6 2021 - 00:10:20)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: sihost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File information:010521-3484-01.dmp (Jan 5 2021 - 22:29:23)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 13 Sec(s)

File information:010521-3125-01.dmp (Jan 5 2021 - 23:53:03)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:010521-2937-01.dmp (Jan 5 2021 - 23:51:31)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

File information:010521-2921-01.dmp (Jan 5 2021 - 23:55:09)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: SearchApp.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-MAX-WIFI
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
Hi, 4Shared has become difficult to use. I had to wait 60 seconds for each file to download, and had to login first. But, I got the files. It's fine as long as there is only 5 or so.

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/18aroevj/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:010521-3921-01.dmp (Jan 6 2021 - 00:10:20)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: sihost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File information:010521-3484-01.dmp (Jan 5 2021 - 22:29:23)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 13 Sec(s)

File information:010521-3125-01.dmp (Jan 5 2021 - 23:53:03)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:010521-2937-01.dmp (Jan 5 2021 - 23:51:31)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

File information:010521-2921-01.dmp (Jan 5 2021 - 23:55:09)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: SearchApp.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-MAX-WIFI
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
Thanks, I just need someone to tell me if i need to buy a new kit of ram or if this issue is malware/virus related

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thanks, I just need someone to tell me if i need to buy a new kit of ram or if this issue is malware/virus related
dump files rarely tell you things so obviously. I don't think this is a virus.

distinct lack of drivers running
Jun 11 2018e1i65x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter driver
Feb 07 2019amdgpio2.sysAMD GPIO Controller Driver from Advanced Micro Devices http://support.amd.com/
May 13 2019Netwtw08.sysIntel(R) Wireless Networking driver

or at least in 4 of 5 BSOD until the latest one.

I guess the Display drivers must be marked as Microsoft since you don't have any

try running Prime95, it tests CPU & Ram
Prime 95 bootable - https://www.infopackets.com/news/10113/how-fix-bootable-prime95-stress-test-hardware

Prime 95 Guide: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
dump files rarely tell you things so obviously. I don't think this is a virus.

distinct lack of drivers running
Jun 11 2018e1i65x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter driver
Feb 07 2019amdgpio2.sysAMD GPIO Controller Driver from Advanced Micro Devices http://support.amd.com/
May 13 2019Netwtw08.sysIntel(R) Wireless Networking driver

or at least in 4 of 5 BSOD until the latest one.

I guess the Display drivers must be marked as Microsoft since you don't have any

try running Prime95, it tests CPU & Ram
Prime 95 bootable - https://www.infopackets.com/news/10113/how-fix-bootable-prime95-stress-test-hardware

Prime 95 Guide: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html
i dont have time to run anything because my PC blue screens me every 4minutes. One thing Im curious about is it possible for a vga to not be compatible with a MB. My mb is msi b450 pro carbon max wifi and my vga sapphire rx580 8gb nitro+. I will try to run prime 95 altough i dont think i will succeed. I ordered a new kit of ram though 2x8gb g.skill 3200mhz cl14. code : F4-3200C14-16GTZ. It didn't arrive yet though. Is the ram i decided to go with good? I checked and it is presented on msi's QVL list ( CPU Ryzen 7 2700x)

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
prime 95 bootable runs outside windows, you shouldn't BSOD in it.

Ram should be okay if its on that list.
New ram top expensive g. Skill ram from thr qvl list of the mb, blue screen while i was installing fresh windows...... Don't know what to do starting to go desperate and just sell it on pieces and lose like half the money i spent on it

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
New ram top expensive g. Skill ram from thr qvl list of the mb, blue screen while i was installing fresh windows...... Don't know what to do starting to go desperate and just sell it on pieces and lose like half the money i spent on it
Its not the psu, its not the MB, its not the ram, the cpu is brand new, it probably isnt the gpu either since when if started the blue screens i still had games installed and ran smoothly no visual bugs or fps spikes. What is it then? Ill try switching out my ssd tomorrow see if i solve anything

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
I would get PC looked at by a repair store. let them double check everything and see if we missed something (its obvious we did)

I wouldn't sell all the parts, thats not a solution.
Im in my country thats not an option, i tried that even though i didnt want to because repair guess here are idiots, and guess what i was right all they did was a bios update then told they dont know what is causing it, also they scratched my case and tainted it eith some sort of solution....

TRENDING THREADS