Question System shows no signs of life

Feb 25, 2020
I shut down the System yesterday and it was running just fine. Today it doesnt turn on. First I suspected the Power switch and shorted the Pins online the Board - nothing.
I then took out the psu and shorted the appropriate sockets on the connector - it turns on just fine. Voltages on the connector all seem slightly too low, but that could be my Multimeter. With 11.5 on 12v, 4.4 on 5, 2.5 on 3.3v and 4.2 on pwr ok.
Then I plugged back the 24pin and 8pin connector and tried shorting the Pins on the back of the Board - still no sign of life.

I guess The Board is done, but could this still be a psu issue because of the low Voltages? The LEDs that are usually lit when the PC is turned off are also not burning.

Feb 25, 2020
I'd definitely suspect the PSU if those are the multimeter readings you're getting.

What are your full specs, including exact PSU?

Hi, thanks for your reply! It just seems very odd to me that the psu doesnt do anything even if I short the socket Pins on the motherboard but starts up when I short The plug Pins.

Full specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H Motherboard
2x4GB 1600mhz ddr3
EVGA gtx 1070
PSU Bequiet L8-CM-630W
Intel i5 3560

DSzymborski

Titan
Given that it's a very old, entry-level, group-regulated hec-made PSU, my next step would definitely be to replace the PSU since it would be wise to do so anyway. Once that's out of the equation, if there are still problems, then you can explore the next step. There's a reason this PSU had a two-year warranty when industry standards for quality PSUs are 7-10 years.

Feb 25, 2020
I tested with a psu that's too low Power The whole Systems today with just Board and CPU and it turns on now. I guess the pwr_ok voltage of the old psu was really too low to turn on the system. Thanks again for your advice!