Question System shutdown and won’t reboot

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 22, 2021
Recently built a new pc, and it’s been working great. It randomly shut off and doesn’t show anything on screen when I try and boot. There is a red light by the CPU fan header. My motherboard is a Strix b450, cpu is a ryzen 5 3600

Your mobo was released before your processor , which means that there is a possibility it wasnt updated to work with the new cpu.

I referenced this link https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/ryzen-3600-compatible-with-b450-motherboards.3501218/

If im wrong, im sorry.
Not at all the strix b450 come ryzen 3000 ready i know for a fact same board i have says right on the box. However not fully supported the update they sell it with is crap and crashes a lot note why i asked if he updated the bios after buying the board

Jan 22, 2021
Not at all the strix b450 come ryzen 3000 ready i know for a fact same board i have says right on the box. However not fully supported the update they sell it with is crap and crashes a lot note why i asked if he updated the bios after buying the board
My friends cpu is the same as mine, so I’m going to attempt to do a CMOS reset again and if nothing works I’ll have to find someone I know who has an older cpu

Jan 22, 2021
Yes it should boot to a black screen withthe CLRTC pins short mine does without an issue your mobo may have an issue
Throwing a Hail Mary fix. Getting a new mobo tomorrow and praying that’s the issue. Talked to support and stuff and it’ll take over a month for repair. If that’s not the issue I’ll take the new mobo back and start at square one

Jan 22, 2021
Throwing a Hail Mary fix. Getting a new mobo tomorrow and praying that’s the issue. Talked to support and stuff and it’ll take over a month for repair. If that’s not the issue I’ll take the new mobo back and start at square one
I don’t wanna inconvenience or risk any of my friends parts. I’ll try a different cpu if this doesn’t fix it, but my other findings and directly talking to asus support leads me to believe mobo

TRENDING THREADS